Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Little Bit About Myself!!

Hey everyone! My name is Katie and I am 20 years old. I was born and raised in Ronkonkoma which is on Long Island. Last semester, I started college at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. Edinboro is a long way from home but I love here. I am an early childhood and special education major. When I finish my degree I would like to teach in either a preschool or kindergarten autistic learning support classroom. My dreams are way bigger than that though. My long term goal is to be able to open a year round facility for autistic children. During the year, the facility would be utilized as a school for mentally challenged students. In the summer, the facility would be used as a summer camp for my students who may struggle finding accessible leisure activities elsewhere. Through this blog, I hope to share my thoughts and ideas on the kind of teacher I will be. More importantly, I hope to learn from other blogs how I can better my teaching skills in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment